Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Wedding Crasher

...Not in the sense of sneaking my way in, looking for my target, scarfing down all the free food I can get and binging vodka tonics.  (I think that's how the movie went.)  I happened to be invited via Pedro from Huesa and the wedding was part of a long list of activities I did during the Christmas Holidays. 

About all of the young adults in the pueblo attended the wedding.  Luckily, I knew most from past trips to this town and felt very comfortable participating in all the festivities.  The wedding happened to fall on New Years Eve which made it even more memorable.  There were striking similarities between the American weddings I attended and this one.  I'll let you draw your own conclusions; what follows is my story in pictures. 

About nine in the morning trying on a suit that Pedro's cousin found for me.  It was ok in the waist but a bit short in the arms.  His family joked that there was no need to worry b/c I would have a rum and coke in one hand and have the other hand in the pocket.

Some of the guys outside the groom's house.  We were taking pictures and drinking beers while I listened to them reminisce about the good ole days when there buddy was single. Most of them were too happy to see their friend getting married.  After all, he was only 19 years old!
On our way in to the church.  Notice the Virgin Saint in the background.  The bride and groom's friends were sitting towards the back (where I was) and another group right past the doorway on the right.  About five minutes into the ceremony, the latter group started talking louder and louder and louder.  The priest felt it was necessary to call them out and tell them to quiet down; everyone thought the same. Well, this prompted one of the kids to stand up and say, "HEYYYYY!!! We don't mean to interrupt man!!  I let out a quiet laugh. 


The bride on her way to the church.  It's customary to walk across the pueblo first.

Just about to enter.  I believe those following are her family, bridesmaids and closest friends. 
Almost married. 

Preparing for the newly married couple's exit from the church.

Basilio and I in the courtyard right outside the church.

Standing next to the Huesa coat of arms.

How do you know this is a Spanish wedding?  Well, I'm about to throw some lentils in the air.

Their first breath outside as a married couple.  Let the games begin!


After leaving the church half deaf, we walked down through the village to the reception hall.  My camera still had lots of battery left.

Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. I am Mariam used every single spell worker on the internet, spent untold amounts of money and discovered they are all fakes...i was the fool though; doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. In the end, I decided that I wanted a tarot reading to know what my future held for me; I contacted a woman who lives locally to me and she told me about a man named (Priests Abija); he does not advertise on the internet, has another job for income, has no set prices, makes no false promises and refuses to help anyone that cannot be helped and even helps
    for free sometimes, he will give you proof before taking money. He is a wonderful man and he was the only person who actually gave me real results. I really hope he doesn't mind me advertising his contact on the internet but I'm sure any help/ extra work will benefit him.contact him here as +447053820826 or spirituallighthealing101@live.com He travel sometimes.i cant give out his number cos he told me he don’t want to be disturbed by many people across the world..he said his email is okay and he’ will replied to any emails asap,love marriage,finance, job promotion ,lottery Voodoo,poker voodoo,golf Voodoo,Law & Court case Spells,money voodoo,weigh loss voodoo,any sicknesses voodoo,Trouble in marriage,HIV AIDS,it's all he does Hope this helps everyone that is in a desperate situation as I once was; I know how it feels to hold onto something and never have a chance to move on because of the false promises and then to feel trapped in wanting something
    more.

    ReplyDelete